"life is nothing without love..love is nothing without you.."

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

train incident.

Last Friday, when I was on my way to KLCC via LRT, there was a mother and her daughter sat in front of me. The daughter is so adorable and I think that was her first time on a train. She was like "Ohh mummy, I can see everything from here", "Ohhh mummy, look!" with her cute voice. I think the daughter is a chindian. So cute!

Anyways, while she was saying "ohhh" that and "ohh" this...I was listening to songs on my phone. I wasn't really paying attention until suddenly a chinese guy who sat beside me, waving his hand at my face. 

And it went like this:

Me: Yes?
Him: What kind of song are you listening to?
Me: Err...is it so loud?
Him: No...I was just asking.
Me: Owh okay...  

And when I was about to put earphone back into my ear...

Him: Don't you think she's annoying? I can't stand kids like that. If I were her parent, I would bury my face somewhere so that people won't see me.

He was referring to the daughter who sat in front of us. And he didn't talk softly... He talked quite loud which I was pretty sure that the mother could heard him.

Me: Erm...but she's cute what...and she's a kid...so it's normal la...
Him: Are you defending her??
Me: Yaa... I love kids. 
Him: *shaking his head*

And again, when I thought the conversation was over...

Him: Let me give you two situations...
Me: Uh hmm...
Him: If you have to choose between two guys...one of the guy is funny and he really makes you laugh...
Me: Uh hmm...
Him: The other guy...he really cares about you...he treats you like a princess...to him, you are the world... So who would you choose?
Me: I'll choose the first guy.
Him: Really? Why?
Me: I don't like guy who is clingy and needy. 
Him: Wohooo! Good answer! 

*He asked for a knuckle. Something like a high-five. I don't know what it's called actually*

Him: Must be based on experience right?
Me: No laa.. *faking a laugh*
Him: By the way, my name is Jon. You?
Me: Nadia. *shaking his hand*

And apparently he didn't stop there...

Him: I got the wrong train you know? I can't believe I took the wrong train before. I mean, I took train everyday to work and going back home. I don't know how I could take the wrong one just now.
Me: Maybe because you're so tired. You didn't realize it.
Him: Wow! Genius! Maybe... Right! Right! 
Me: *faking a laugh again*

But in my heart, I can't stop hoping that he would just shut up.

Him: So what are you doing now?
Me: I'm a lecturer.
Him: Wow! oh wow! where?
Me: INTEC. Do you know what is it?
Him: So you're teaching the untalented students? *laughing*
Him: I know some lecturers have to teach the untalented kids. *still laughing*
Me: They are actually very clever.
Him: Are you sure or not?
Me: Ya. They are under scholarship from JPA and MARA. They are going to overseas for their degree. I'm teaching A-Level students.
Him: Oh okay. So what are you teaching?
ME: English. Basic stuff before they are introduced to IELTS.
Him: Whoa! you teach IELTS? *laughing* you're teaching IELTS?? *sounded disbelief*
Me: Not really. I don't have the qualification to teach IELTS. I'm teaching them basic stuff.
Him: *laughing*
Me: *annoyed, and when I was about to put my earphone into my ear again...*
Him: Can I have your number? My station is next. Maybe we can keep in touch later.
Me: Err...Okay.

And yes, I gave him my number. I was holding my phone at that time. So I had to give it to him. And he miscalled right there and then to give me his number.

And when he walked out of the train, I felt relieved. And when I was about to put my earphone into my ear again, suddenly I heard a loud knocked behind me. And it was him. Knocked the window quite loud just to wave goodbye. And everybody in the train that was near me, looked at me. 

A few hours later.

Beep. Beep.

I got a text. And it was him.

"Nice to know that you're not in2 old guys. haha*

Next morning.

He called. But I didn't pick up.


I know he was being friendly. But there is something about his attitude that I don't like. he was like a little bit arrogant, I think. And quite rude. Especially when he commented about the little girl. I mean, you don't have to talk about it loudly right? I am so sure that the mother could heard him. Because she was sitting right in front of us. 


But to be honest, if he didn't talk about that kid in that kind of way, I might be interested to add him as my new friend. 

Oh well. Everyday you will meet new people right?

2 comments: