"life is nothing without love..love is nothing without you.."

Friday, August 5, 2011

what to respond?

A few weeks ago, in class....

Me: Have a nice weekend everyone! See you next Monday!
Students: See you, miss!
Boy A: I'll see you in my dream, miss.
Me: o..kay...

A few weeks ago, in my office...

Boy A: How does it feel like to be 20-ish?
Me: Feel so old.
Boy A: You're not old, miss. You still look perky...
Me: o..kay...
Boy A: That does not sound right, right?
Me: Yaa.... i guess...but, thank you...i guess.

Just now, in class....

Me: Let me check your essay.
Boy R: Okay. 
Boy A: Miss, you smell so nice. I like it.
Me: o..kay... thank you.


I don't know about you guys, but it is weird for me to hear that from my student. Especially when it's from a boy. I know he was just trying to be friendly but it is still awkward. To be honest, I don't even know how to respond to that kind of comment. Maybe I should just say "thank you" right? I mean, he was just simply complimenting me. I don't even know why I should feel awkward about it.

So to Boy A, thank you. I guess. :)

p/s: Maybe because he is 18 and I am 24? Or maybe because he is a student and I'm a lecturer? Or maybe it IS because I AM getting OLD. Oh well, Hello Miss Old Nadia =_='

No comments:

Post a Comment